Way, way back on December 24th, I wrote my 2021 Awards Eligibility and Year in Review post, assuming that the year was, well, over. What a difference a week makes. Since I wrote that post, I’ve had four more acceptances and two more publications.
- “Me, a Hero” accepted by Aurelia Leo
- “Dragonsbreath” accepted into the From the Ashes anthology
- “Close Your Eyes” accepted by Tall Tale TV
- “Unarmed” accepted by Metastellar
- “Up on the Rooftop” published on The NoSleep Podcast
- “Something’s Wrong With Mom” published on the Tales to Terrify podcast
That means I already have 19 stories lined up for publication in 2022, and the year hasn’t even started yet.
Of course, it’s all a numbers game. According to Duotrope, where I track my submissions …
Of those 350 submissions, 53 of them are still pending, plus a few more that aren’t listed in Duotrope.
For 2022, my goal is to break into a few of the super competitive publications, such as The Dark, Black Static, Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, Apex Magazine, Clarkesworld, Metaphorosis, Nightmare, Uncharted, and Bourbon Penn.